Tuesday 17 January 2012

I'm Me! by Sara Sheridan

My niece is named Imogen so when I saw this book about a little girl with the same name, I knew I had to buy it for her. 

Imogen goes to visit her Auntie, who asks her what she wants to be today. She suggests a beautiful princess, a witch's cat, a pirate's parrot, a dragon-taming knight and more. But Imogen doesn't want to be anything other than herself. They do exactly what imogen wants to do (which includes eating ice cream and going on the swings) and then the book ends with Imogen saying "Today, Auntie, what I want is for you to be you and me to be me!" 

The text is fun as well as being repetitive and easy to read. The illustrations, by Margaret Chamberlain, are gorgeous - cute, bright and lively. And obviously, it contains a lovely message about being yourself. I loved it. I really hope my niece does too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment