Thursday 20 October 2011

Me... by Emma Dodd

Emma Dodd is rapidly becoming one of my favourite picture book authors. I picked up Me... without realising Emma Dodd is the illustrator of I Love My Mummy (and I Love My Daddy, which is another of our faves), and within a couple of pages knew I  had to buy it.

The world is big... and I am small. 

It's a very simple and sweet story of a little penguin finding his or her way in the world...

The sky is high... and I am small. 

The illustrations are of course beautiful. Clear and simple, using just a few colours, but conveying the penguin's personality and the starkness of its habitat.

The starts stretch far... and I am small. 

But the thing I love the most about this book is how it's about the penguin realising how much he or she is loved. It's a gorgeous message for a book and it's a gorgeous book.

I may be small, but I can see the biggest thing to you... is me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment