Wednesday 20 July 2011

I Love My Mummy by Giles Andreae & Emma Dodd

I love Giles Andreae's books, but I was actually attracted to I Love My Mummy by Emma Dodd's lovely illustrations.

I love my mummy very much
She's great to cuddle, soft to touch.

Clearly - and unsurprisingly - the words are just as entertaining as the pictures with a simple rhyme and a few parenting realities that rarely make it into children's books (I like to watch her brush her hair and dance round in her underwear). 

Two-year-old Joe requested this book every day for weeks and he now likes to do the actions - cuddling me when I read 'great to cuddle' and pretending to cry when the baby in the book cries.

The thing I love the most about this book is the joy the mother and baby show in each other. On every page they look like they're having fun and their love shines through. A perfect book to read with a little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment